Rhodes scholarship award is a UK based Scholarship program meant for Postgraduates alone. Most students prefer the Rhodes program due to its high level of discipline.
Rhodes scholarship came into being in 1902, by the will of Cecil Rhode. However, due to its excellence and professionalism in handling scholarship programs, graduate scholars see Rhodes as a great platform to apply and run their postgraduate programs.
Number of Scholarships:
Most platforms with great scholarship scheme select over 150+ applicants from different countries per annum, in the case of Rhode, it only accept 95 scholars annually.
Field of study
Applicants are to note that the Program is mainly for Postgraduate Scholars who intend to run a full-time course. Therefore, the scholarship is not for undergraduates. The scholars will study at Oxford University after receiving the scholarship award.
List of Countries Eligible For Rhodes Scholarship
Feel free to constantly check the school portal for updates, and to know if your country is eligible for the scholarship program before proceeding with the application. Please do not apply if your country is not eligible.
However, If you apply whereas your country is not eligible; your application will be invalid.
Features of Rhodes Scholarship
The followings are the interesting features that the program Fund covers;
- It covers the fee for university application
- Rhodes scholarship covers the fees for both college and university.
- Annual £15,900 living allowance for 2019-20
- £225 in 2019-20 for settling in allowance, which covers visa, two (2) economy class flights that takes you to and fro (for the start and end of program in Oxford) and health insurance.
What is the Duration for Rhodes Scholarship?
For clarification sake, the time scheduled for the program is a maximum of 2 years. In other words, it also depends on the course a scholar is applying for.
Criteria for Rhodes Scholarship
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree and an outstanding academic records in other to be eligible to apply and study in Oxford.
- Citizenship & Residency; Candidates must fufil Rhodes constituency requirements for citizenship and residency upon which they are applying.
- Age Limit; Age requirements varies, and depending on the country each candidate is applying from. The minimum is 18 years of age, while the maximum is 28 years of age. Basically, in most countries the age limit required is 24 or 25. However, candidates may not be able to defer their scholarship program.
How to Apply for Rhodes Scholarship
Candidates can visit the school site for more details on how to apply for Rhodes scholarship on the school’s official website
Visit the School website>>>
Application commences around the summer and spring period of the preceding year (1 June/1 July). Also, note that the application deadline for separate countries differs, but it is within (July-October) of the preceding year applicants wish to apply.
Deadline: varies for specific countries, July-Oct (annual)
Study in: UK (United Kingdom)
Course commences October 2022.
You can also apply for Chevening Scholarship. Click Here to Apply